February 22, 2024
Kitchen fireplace damages dwelling in northeast Regular

NORMAL (25News Now) – A fireplace that began in a kitchen broken the remainder of the house in northeast Regular on Thursday, displacing residents who lived there.

Regular firefighters mentioned they had been referred to as about 3:20 p.m. to a bi-level dwelling within the 1800 block of Truman Drive, close to Hershey Street, after a neighbor noticed flames and referred to as 911.

Kitchen fireplace damages dwelling in northeast Regular
Regular firefighters calm down remaining sizzling spots within the kitchen space at a house on Truman Drive.(Regular Fireplace Division)

A fireplace division spokesperson Matt Swaney mentioned individuals who lived on the dwelling escaped earlier than fireplace crews arrived. Firefighters rescued two pet guinea pigs.

Normal fire crews saved two pet guinea pigs from a house fire on Truman Drive in Normal.
Regular fireplace crews saved two pet guinea pigs from a home fireplace on Truman Drive in Regular.(Regular Fireplace Division)

In line with Swaney, firefighters pulled a hose line to the yard, rapidly put out the hearth within the kitchen and prevented it from spreading to the attic.

Swaney mentioned the heaviest of fireside injury was to the kitchen, with warmth and smoke injury to the remainder of the primary ground. There’s additionally water injury. No greenback estimate of the injury is accessible, and the hearth division is investigating the trigger.